Monday, October 14, 2013

John Van Hamersveld-Jimi Hendrix

After looking at John Van Hamersveld's website I decided that I would review his portrait of Jimi Hendrix. As a fan of Hendrix, I think this picture really encompasses his musical style as well as the culture of the time. Hamersveld gives Hendrix a very organic look that is very pleasing to the eye and keeps your eye moving through the piece. The wavy lines lines used give the picture a feel of the counter culture design style of the seventies.

In his Video "Finding America", John Van Hamersveld says that his ideas and reference for his artwork come from his mind as an abstract idea rather than using a physical model or picture. I found this interesting because i often do the same thing when creating my art. Below is a link to "Finding America".

http://www.johnvanhamersveld.com/coolhous/videos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment